THE SKILLED INDEPENDENT – State / Territory Nominated Visa
Australia offers a range & large number of permanent residence visas to people who are highly skilled and under 45 years of age. To apply for permanent residence under the Skilled Independent – State Territory Nominated visa category, you or your spouse must be able to satisfy all of the following basic requirements:
1. You must be under 45 years of age when you apply.
2. You must speak English to a level required to work in Australia.
3. You must have university or trade qualifications, or substantial relevant work experience may be acceptable in certain occupations (trades, Managers etc).
4. Your skills must be assessed as meeting Australian standards (we will arrange the skill assessment for you).
5. Your occupation must be on the Skilled Occupations List & qualify for 60, 50 or 40 points.
6. If your nominated occupation is worth 60 points, you must have been in paid employment in any skilled occupation for at least 12 of the 18 months immediately before applying (exceptions apply – see below).
7. If your nominated occupation is worth 40 or 50 points, you must have been in paid employment in any skilled occupation for at least 2 of the 3 years immediately before applying (exceptions apply – see below).
8. You must pass the State Territory Nominated – Visa Points Test Passmark of 70 Points.
9. You must be nominated by a participating State or Territory (we will arrange this for you) and be willing to live in a State or Territory in Australia where your skills are in demand.
We will help you nominate your skilled occupation and then obtain an assessment of your skills from the relevant assessing authorities prior to preparing the Visa Application.
You do not need to meet the work experience requirement if you have completed 2 years study in Australia less than 6 months before lodging your visa application.
Please contact our office for further detailed information on this Australian visa including the fees & costs, timing supporting documents & application forms & other requirements to make a valid Australian visa application under the Skilled Migration program.