WORKING HOLIDAY VISA (VISITOR VISA)
The Working Holiday visa enables people between 18 and 30 from some countries to holiday in Australia and work to supplement their income. The visa allows a stay of up to 12 months from the date of first entry to Australia and you are allowed to do any kind of work of a temporary or casual nature for up to three months with any one employer.
Working-holiday makers must hold a passport of any of the following countries, the United Kingdom, Canada, the Netherlands, Japan, the Republic of Ireland, the Republic of Korea, Malta, Germany, Denmark, Sweden, Norway, Hong Kong, Finland and the Republic of Cyprus.
The Working Holiday visa cannot be granted in Australia. All visa applications must be made overseas.
Passport holders of eight foreign countries (the United Kingdom, Canada, the Netherlands, the Republic of Ireland, Sweden, Denmark, Norway and Finland) are able to apply for a Working Holiday visa in any country (except Australia). Visa applicants who hold a valid passport from Japan, the Republic of Korea, Malta, Germany, or the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region of the People’s Republic of China, and the Republic of Cyprus, must apply in their home country.
The Working-Holiday Visa Facts
- Working Holiday visa holders are permitted to study or train for up to 3 months.
- You can apply to change your working holiday status while you are in Australia if you meet the requirements for another visa (except a visitor visa).
- People with another type of visa cannot change to a Working Holiday visa in Australia.
- Medical treatment in Australia can be very expensive and it is advisable to have both travel and health insurance.
- Working Holiday Visa holders must be paid according to Australian rates and conditions.
- Working Holiday Visa holders can not work for more than 3 months for any one employer. If you breach this condition your Visa may be cancelled and you could be excluded from entry to Australia in the future.
Please contact our office for further detailed information on this Australian visa including the application forms, the fees and costs, timing, supporting documents and forms required to make a valid Australian visa application.